The main factor that increase value and respect to Prophet Muhammad (SallAllaho Alaihe WaSallam) in both the Islamic and the non-Islamic circles is his character. He was the best in character and he also said about it in one of his Hadeeth in the following way: “Allah has sent me to perfect good manners and to do good deeds.” (Bukhari)
Some of the major facts about the life of Prophet Muhammad (SallAllaho Alaihe WaSallam) are describe below:
1.Named as “Truthful One” before he become Prophet: He was famous because of his “Truthfullness” and “honesty” title, as he never lied even in jokes.
2. He lived a simple Life: Prophet Muhammad (SallAllaho Alaihe WaSallam) became Prophet at the age of 40. Even before that he was living a normal and simple life in the society.
3. He was kind to kids: Prophet Muhammad (SallAllaho Alaihe WaSallam) was very kind to kids and loved them. His attitude towards kids was always compassionate and merciful.
4. He worked as a shepherd: As a young man he worked as a shepherd. Also he worked with his uncle in trading, and was named “the honest and the trustworthy” person. Because of this title Hadhrat Khadijah offered him to work with her, before he became Prophet.
5. He used to forgive his enemies: Prophet (SallAllaho Alaihe WaSallam) use to forgive all of his enemies. Non-Muslims maltreated our beloved Prophet (SallAllaho Alaihe WaSallam) and his Sahaabah (Companions). They used to threaten him, beat him, they even threw stones at him but he forgave them all and taught everyone that forgiveness is better them revenge.
6. He was extremely humble: He was so humble throughout his life. He used to eat with his Sahaabah and if a stranger passes through it, he could not even recognize that a great Prophet is sitting there.
7. He was never violent: He was never violent to any of his servant. He never spoke any bad words to any of his Sahaabah.
8. He used to do his work by himself: He used to fulfill his own needs by himself. He used to tailor his clothes, and fix his footwear.
9. Take care of his friends: He used to take care of his friends individually that is why each one think that he was the closest to him.
10. He Established the Rights of Women: Prophet Muhammad (SallAllaho Alaihe WaSallam) gave rights to women as before him women were treated so bad as there was no concept of Rights for women.
11. He established the Rights of Animals: The Prophet Muhammad (SallAllaho Alaihe WaSallam) prohibited animal abuse. He said that the one who kills an animal for sport is cursed. He also chastised people who overload their horses or camels and told them to “Fear Allah concerning these animals that cannot speak”. (Abu Daawood)
12. The Name of Prophet (SallAllaho Alaihe WaSallam): His name is one of the most popular names in the world. Muhammad is the beautiful name and that is among the top 10 most popular names even in a non-Muslim country like UK and also in top 50 worldwide. Meaning of Muhammad is “Praised”.
In short, no matter whichever walk of life it is, whatever situation of life it is, a Muslim is to turn towards the personality of Muhammad (SallAllaho Alaihe WaSallam) and find that particular piece of guidance from it. Muslims must spread the life of Prophet (SallAllaho Alaihe WaSallam) by practicing it their daily lives, because it is not only good for Muslims; rather the goodwill that comes from it has a universal appeal and will help make the world a better place.