12 FACTS ABOUT PROPHET (SALLALLAHO ALAIHE WASALLAM)
The main factor that increase value and respect to Prophet Muhammad (SallAllaho
Alaihe WaSallam) in both the Islamic and the non-Islamic circles is his
character. He was the best in character and he also said about it in one of his
Hadeeth in the following way: “Allah has sent me to perfect good manners and to
do good deeds.” (Bukhari)
Some of the major facts about the life of Prophet Muhammad (SallAllaho Alaihe
WaSallam) are describe below:
1.Named as “Truthful One” before he become Prophet: He was famous because of his
“Truthfullness” and “honesty” title, as he never lied even in jokes.
2. He lived a simple Life: Prophet Muhammad (SallAllaho Alaihe WaSallam) became
Prophet at the age of 40. Even before that he was living a normal and simple
life in the society.
3. He was kind to kids: Prophet Muhammad (SallAllaho Alaihe WaSallam) was very
kind to kids and loved them. His attitude towards kids was always compassionate
4. He worked as a shepherd: As a young man he worked as a shepherd. Also he
worked with his uncle in trading, and was named “the honest and the trustworthy”
person. Because of this title Hadhrat Khadijah offered him to work with her,
before he became Prophet.
5. He used to forgive his enemies: Prophet (SallAllaho Alaihe WaSallam) use to
forgive all of his enemies. Non-Muslims maltreated our beloved Prophet (SallAllaho
Alaihe WaSallam) and his Sahaabah (Companions). They used to threaten him, beat
him, they even threw stones at him but he forgave them all and taught everyone
that forgiveness is better them revenge.
6. He was extremely humble: He was so humble throughout his life. He used to eat
with his Sahaabah and if a stranger passes through it, he could not even
recognize that a great Prophet is sitting there.
7. He was never violent: He was never violent to any of his servant. He never
spoke any bad words to any of his Sahaabah.
8. He used to do his work by himself: He used to fulfill his own needs by
himself. He used to tailor his clothes, and fix his footwear.
9. Take care of his friends: He used to take care of his friends individually
that is why each one think that he was the closest to him.
10. He Established the Rights of Women: Prophet Muhammad (SallAllaho Alaihe
WaSallam) gave rights to women as before him women were treated so bad as there
was no concept of Rights for women.
11. He established the Rights of Animals: The Prophet Muhammad (SallAllaho
Alaihe WaSallam) prohibited animal abuse. He said that the one who kills an
animal for sport is cursed. He also chastised people who overload their horses
or camels and told them to “Fear Allah concerning these animals that cannot
speak”. (Abu Daawood)
12. The Name of Prophet (SallAllaho Alaihe WaSallam): His name is one of the
most popular names in the world. Muhammad is the beautiful name and that is
among the top 10 most popular names even in a non-Muslim country like UK and
also in top 50 worldwide. Meaning of Muhammad is “Praised”.
In short, no matter whichever walk of life it is, whatever situation of life it
is, a Muslim is to turn towards the personality of Muhammad (SallAllaho Alaihe
WaSallam) and find that particular piece of guidance from it. Muslims must
spread the life of Prophet (SallAllaho Alaihe WaSallam) by practicing it their
daily lives, because it is not only good for Muslims; rather the goodwill that
comes from it has a universal appeal and will help make the world a better